International Conference and Exhibition on
Carbon Nanotubes&Graphene; Technologies
August : 20-21, 2020 | Miami, USA

Visa Information

On Temporary Business: Nonimmigrant Visas

Before acquiring a visa and moving to Miami, you need to figure out if you plan to work for a limited period of time or if your move is permanent. Non-permanent stays require a visa from the nonimmigrant category. There are many different nonimmigrant visas, each with its own purpose. Below, you’ll find a description of the most common nonimmigrant visas for expats.

Specialty Occupations (H-1B)

This visa applies to expats who have specialized in a certain occupation and who have at least a bachelor’s degree. In addition, fashion models also fall into this category. The specialty occupations visa is valid for up to three years. At the time of writing (September 2016), a maximum of 65,000 H-1B visas were issued per year.

Executives and Managers (L-1A)

Expats who have worked in a managerial position for at least one year and are transferred abroad by their employer need to apply for an L-1A. This visa is initially valid for one year if your business in Miami involves establishing a new headquarters for your company. If you are going to work in an already established office, your visa is valid for three years.

Extraordinary Ability or Achievement (O-1)

Expats who are considered among the best in their field (particularly in the fields of science, business, art, sports, film, and education) can apply for an O-1 visa to enter the United States. As with many other visas, it is initially limited to a period of three years.

Treaty Traders and Employees (E-1)

The USA maintains treaties of commerce and navigation with a number of countries. If you are a national of one of these, this visa allows you to carry out substantial trade with the United States. The E-1 visa is particularly popular because it can potentially be extended an unlimited number of times after the initial two years. In addition, your family can join you in Miami by obtaining their individual E-1 visas, and your spouse can even apply for work authorization.

The Famous Green Card

If you fall in love with Miami and wish to move to this city permanently, you should apply for an immigrant visa instead. Most expats may have heard of the most notable immigrant visa, the Green Card, which you may receive through an annual lottery.

Get in touch

Good choice...


I'll be in touch ASAP