2nd International Conference and Expo on
Traditional Medicine and Herbalism
June 08-09, 2020 | Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Visa Information

On request, the Congress Secretariat will be pleased to send letters of invitation to individual scientists. Invitations of this kind are intended to assist potential delegates to raise their travel funds or obtain visas. They do not imply any commitment or responsibility on behalf of the Congress to provide financial support. Please note that letters of invitation can only be sent after receipt of registration and payment of full registration fee.

Please note that Visa applications can take a while to be processed, so please send us your request for a letter of invitation in due time.


The documentation required to travel to Malaysia varies according to the country of origin.

Visitors to Malaysia must obtain a visa from one of the Malaysian diplomatic missions unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries.
All visitors must hold a passport valid for 6 months

According to IATA holders of passports issued by the following jurisdictions can enter Malaysia without a visa or Free Visa:

  • 90 days for all European countries
  • 30 days for all Middle East & Western countries
  • 14 Days for Libya & Iran
  • Holders of diplomatic or official/service passports of BangladeshChina and India do not require a visa for up to 30 days and 3 months respectively but they have to receive entry permission from any entry immigration check post.
  • Visa waiver agreement for diplomatic and official passport holders was signed with Pakistan in November 2018 and is yet to enter into force

Holders of passports issued by the following countries (Australia, Brunei, Chile, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam) who possess an APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) containing the "MYS" code on the reverse that it is valid for travel to Malaysia can enter visa-free for business trips for up to 60 days.

Online Applications:

Malaysian government has set up a new online application system to accept applications for Electronic Visa (eVisa) and Electronic Travel Registration and Information (eNTRI) to facilitate tourism.

eVisa applications are available to citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Serbia and Sri Lanka, while eNTRI applications are available only to holders of Indian and Chinese passports.

eVisa application also applies to those seeking student or expatriate visas for entering Malaysia, although they must report to immigration authorities after arrival to obtain their immigration passes.

The application website contains IP address detection, applicants have to apply from outside Malaysia and Singapore or they will be blocked from the application.

Transit Pass:

Nationals of certain countries that do not enjoy visa-free entry may still get a free transit pass for stays up to 120 hours when transiting through Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
They must hold an onward ticket departing Malaysia from Kuala Lumpur in 120 hours, and the flight departing Malaysia must either be operated by Air Asia or Malaysia Airlines.

Nationals of the following countries are eligible: Bhutan, China, Myanmar, and Nepal.

Nationals of the following countries Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are only eligible when holding a visa or a residence permit issued by Australia, China, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan or the United States, and are departing to or arriving from these countries.
They may only arrive and depart from either the main terminal or the low-cost carrier terminal (KLIA2), unless they hold a residence permit.

Other nationals: Nationals of other non visa-exempt countries can transit through Kuala Lumpur International Airport for a maximum of 24 hours; however they are not permitted to switch between the main terminal and KLIA2 unless they hold a valid visa.

Documents they are required to present will vary according to the motive of the trip. You can consult them in the “Foreign Affairs” section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia website.

It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.

Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact your closest Malaysia Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.

Get in touch

Good choice...


I'll be in touch ASAP